For Kai’s 11th birthday at the Circle Hawk Farm house on the 11th with approximately 11 guests…
a highly interactive mini-clown camp from 1 – 3 PM, a microcosm of the week-long camp in July: juggling/ object manipulation lesson, balloon twisting lesson, joke telling lesson, laughter yoga session w/ Trish & Orion, & pies in the faces… in the theme of Lego Star Wars meets Old MacDonald.
For this party, I realized where the advice of other clowns was leading me astray from my natural instinct. It’s been ‘common knowledge’ among party clowns that the clown’s role is over when the cake arrives. No one wants to compete with the cake and presents. I’ve been making my exit as mom takes over and everyone gets their sugar buzz on.
During the discussions with Kai’s mom, however, I followed my own inclination and offered:
- Presenting the cake by Clowns!
- Lighting the candles by Clowns!
- Singing the birthday song by Clowns!
- Slicing and serving the cake by Clowns!
- Delivering the presents by Clowns!
- Thanking the gift-givers by Clowns!
A comprehensive multi-hour, multi-clown party package that everyone would be sure to remember!
“I hired Justin to manage the entertainment at my son’s 11th birthday party. The entire class was invited, and I wasn’t sure how to keep a dozen pre-teenagers (boys and girls) adequately and appropriately entertained. The results were nothing short of spectacular. “Jusby” and his team of clowns engaged the kids by first leading them in an icebreaker Laughter Yoga session. He came prepared with lots of different activities, but the two that the kids went absolutely ga-ga over were the face painting and the pies. I’ve never seen kids line up so enthusiastically to get a pie in the face. Additionally, several of the parents opted to be pied as well. Everyone was laughing hysterically and very happy. As an added bonus, Jusby and his team handled the cake presentation and serving (clowns serving cake!) and the unwrapping of gifts (hilarious). BUT THAT’S NOT ALL – Jusby also provided me with beautiful online photos of the event (he’s a terrific photographer). Would I hire him again? In a New York minute. He will give you every dime’s worth of your money and then some. He’s also great with all ages, from little kids to adults. Highly recommend –
– Jennifer Waldref, Communications Specialist at Democratic Caucus/Washington State House of Representatives
Here’s the artwork for Orion’s Birthday invitation. Those are Lego 1xs (One By’s). The bottom of the seven is a piece that represents scoops of ice cream.
Lego Brick Cake from Cakeitecture. She also makes Cake Pops (Frosted Doughnut Hole on a Stick) in the form of minifig heads.
Have to order these next time.
Birthday Boy gets the first pie in the face!
A Five Clown Party: Ridiculah, Honey, Sage, Jusby & Elliot!
Thank You created by Uncle Nick.
Guests also received a custom Lego Party Mix CD
Artist – Song [Relevant Lego Theme]
- Daft Punk – Superheroes [Batman/ Spiderman]
- Bryce Panic – Hidden Track (Can I Kick It?) [Mystery Minifigs]
- Talking Heads – Papa Legba (Pops Staples Vocal) [Agents]
- Talking Heads – Stay Up Late [Classic]
- The Police – Demolition Man [Police]
- Cryoshell – Creeping In My Soul [Bionicle]
- John Williams – The Temple of Doom [Indiana Jones]
- Weird Al Yankovich – Star Wars – The Saga Begins [Star Wars]
- SWSFX – Ship – Flyby_17 [Star Wars]
- Andrew Zilch – Ewok Gospel [Star Wars]
- SWSFX – Force Lightning [Star Wars]
- Star Wars the Musical – May the Force be with you [Star Wars]
- Jason Traeger – Love Faeries [Star Wars]
- SWSFX – Radio Chatter_1 [Star Wars]
- Mad Tea Party – Mad Watch [Belville]
- Harry Gregson – Williams – Ostrich Race [Prince of Persia]
- Sandman (the Rappin Cowboy) – Crazy Animals [Duplo]
- Gipsy Kings – You’ve Got A Friend In Me (Par Espagnol) [Toy Story]
- Chuck Berry – Route 66 [Cars]
- Pink Martini – The Gardens of Sampson & Beasley [Town]
- Jethro Tull – Orion [Space]
- Klaus Badelt – He’s A Pirate [Pirates of the Caribbean]
- Ministry of Magic – Marauder’s Map [Harry Potter]
- Ministry of Magic – Accio Love [Harry Potter]
- The Boyz Who Lived – Wizard Rock [Harry Potter]
A client recently had me come for a 6 y/o boy’s GI Joe themed birthday party.
I went with the basic black topped with Grampa Del’s garrison cap, accented with a camouflaged belt from a long gone bathrobe. For extra fancy, I added the spats that came from Puck F.
On the way, I noticed someone had pranked a car in the OHS parking lot. I left them my card in case they wanted to get even.
Afterwards, I pied a bonus face back home. AJ had been visiting and took a large pie to the face.
The videos tell about the Magic Kombucha grenade fail.