Olympia & Lacey Clown Camps
ClownCampSupply List<<< SUPPLY LIST 2011-2012
Jusby’s Junior Joeys:
A Clown Clinic and Comedy Academy
1. Just Be Safe. Clowns practice and perform safely to protect themselves and their audiences. Clowns are safe with their bodies and their words.
2. Just Be Supportive. Clowns and counselors come to camp for mutual learning and encouragement. Everyone will participate at a different level. Everyone will make different mistakes and learn different lessons.
3. Just Be Challenged. Clowns and counselors will explore and experiment during activities. Seek each next level of difficulty to keep your interest rather than allowing yourself to become bored or frustrated.
2014 Crash Course Clown Camp
Saturday April 12 & 19th with Spring Arts Walk Final Performance on Friday April 25th
Olympia Timberland Library
313 8th Ave SE Olympia, WA 98501
Students age 7 through 17 will learn the basics of clowning from a professional clown-educator. They will have the opportunity to try classic clown tricks and discover their first clown characters. Activities will include: Laughter yoga, juggling & object manipulation, solo, duo & ensemble improvisation, and a final performance for Spring Arts Walk on April 25. This is a two-part workshop series with a culminating performance, participation in both sessions and the performance is strongly encouraged. Sign up beginning March 29 at the Olympia Youth Services desk, or by phone at (360) 352-0595 Sponsored by the Friends of the Olympia Timberland Library.
- Laughter yoga
- clown costuming and make-up
- balloon twisting
- face painting
- pie-in-the-face delivery
- joke telling & creation
- parade training (mindful/vigorous walking
- final performance Circus
Justin B. Wright “Jusby the Clown” – Educator since 2001, Professional Clown since 2004, Laughter Yoga Leader